1. Social Security Application In Person
If you do not wish to use the online application, or the application for the benefit you want is not available online, you can:
- Call Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778); or
- Find a local Social Security office near you & schedule an appointment to visit in person. An appointment is not required, but if you call ahead and schedule one, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
2. Social Security Application Online
3. Apply for Medicare Benefits
4. Apply for Other Types of Benefits
Other Types of Benefits You Can Apply For:
- Retirement or Spouse’s
- Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Costs
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Appeal a Disability Decision
- Children’s Benefits
5. Social Security Replacement Card
What Are the Qualifying Ages To Receive Social Security Retirement Benefits? What About My Spouse?